David F. McNamar
Mr. McNamar is the founder and principal of McNamar & Associates in Indianapolis, Indiana, and in his fourth decade of practice in the civil ligation area. He is Of Counsel with the firm, which also has cases in Indiana and other states as well in which Mr. McNamar and Guy O. Kornblum, life long friends are co-counsel. Others in our firm have been admitted to practice in Indiana for a particular case.
The joinder of our two firms in major litigation provides an extra dimension to our representation and provides the experience and judgment that typifies our practice.
More on Mr. McNamar’s background can be found at www.mcnamarlaw.com
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. – 1968
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- B.S. – 1962
- Major: Krannert Economics-Management School
- Indiana, 1968
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1968
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1974
When you call us you talk to us.
Prefer to email?
- Long Term Care & the Law National Conference, National Health Lawyers Association, February 1985, 1992
- National Convention, American Health Care Association, October, 1985
- Health Law, Health Facilities Administrators Course, Ball State University, Annual, 1980-1991
- Boren Amendment Litigation, American Health Care Association, National Attorneys’ Conference
- Indiana Health Care Association Conferences
- Who’s Who in American Law-Marquis
- Who’s Who, Emerging Leaders in America
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell*, 1993-Present
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation, 1994
- Member, Board of Managers, Indianapolis Bar Association, 1977 to 1979
- Member, Board of Directors, Indianapolis-Marion County Public Defender Agency, 1998 to 2004
- Respiratory Partners, Inc.
- Pharmakon Long Term Care Pharmacy, Inc.
- Liberty Express Scripts, Inc.
- Leeper Electric Service Company, Inc.
- Americare Communities
- Indiana Lighting Center, Inc.
- Ambulatory Renal Services, Inc.
- Bank One, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Lowe Gray Steele & Darko, LLP, Of Counsel, 2001
- Lowe Gray Steele & Darko, LLP, Partner, 2002
- McNamar, Fearnow & McSharar, PC, Founding Partner, 1993 to 2001
- Steers, Sullivan, McNamar & Rogers, Partner, 1970 to 1993
- Steers, Klee Jay & Sullivan, Associate, 1968 to 1970
- United States Navy, 1962 to 1965
- Marion Superior Court, Criminal Division 4, Master Commissioner, 1979 to 1993
- Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library Board, Member, 1981 to 1996
- Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library Board, Past President, 1981 to 1996
- Country Club of Indianapolis, Member, Board of Directors
- Country Club of Indianapolis, Past President
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- United States Naval Reserve (Retired Captain), Judge Advocate General Corps, 1965 to 1985
- United States Naval Reserve Officer’s Association (Retired), United States Navy
- Indianapolis-Marion County Public Defender Board, Member, Board of Directors, 1998 to 2004
- American Legion, Life Member
- Purdue Alumni Association, Life Member
- Indiana University Alumni Association, Life Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.