Personal Insurance Claims Lawyer California
We are leading attorneys for policyholders and insureds against insurance companies
We are your advocates when insurance companies don’t fulfill their promises under their policies.
If your insurance company does not live up to its promises of insurance coverage, we can help!
A covenant of good faith and fair dealing is implicit in every insurance contract. A policyholder pays a fixed premium in exchange for the insurance company’s promise to protect the policyholder from loss in accordance with the terms specified in the contract. If an insurer does not meet this obligation, it is said to be acting in “bad faith.” When this occurs, the insured party may seek recovery beyond the terms of the policy, including damages for emotional stress, economic losses and attorney fees.
The attorneys at Guy O. Kornblum, A Professional Law Corporation, advocate for individuals and businesses that are involved in disputes regarding insurance coverage. We have handled hundreds of cases in the areas of commercial and personal insurance policies. If you have had an insurance claim denied or undervalued, we will work to recover the benefits you deserve.
We have the resources necessary to develop the full spectrum of bad faith insurance disputes, including those involving automobile insurance, homeowners insurance, and life, health and disability insurance.
We also handle disputes involving commercial insurance coverage, including:
• Business interruption — Insurance companies often overload businesses with forms and other paperwork following a fire or other casualty that forces the business to shut down. We help our clients streamline the process and recover the benefits they deserve.
• Professional liability — Health care providers, lawyers, accountants, real estate agents and other professionals carry insurance to protect against legal action taken against them. We represent clients whose claim has been wrongly denied or undervalued.
• Employment practices liability — We make sure insurance companies fulfill their obligations regarding claims by employees against the employers or co-workers.
• Employee welfare insurance — We represent businesses in disputes over IRC 419 and 412(i) welfare benefit plans.
• Directors and officers liability — We advocate for businesses regarding insurance coverage for officers and directors who have been ordered to pay a settlement or judgment following a lawsuit.
Our Services Are Tailored To Suit Your Needs
For years, the attorneys at Guy O. Kornblum, A Professional Law Corporation have served clients throughout California and nationwide from offices in San Francisco and Santa Rosa. Our legal guidance is tailored to suit the unique needs of each client’s case. Every client has ready access to our lawyers and support team from the initial consultation through the resolution of the case.
Bad faith insurance disputes generally fall into one of two categories: first-party disputes or third-party disputes. A first-party lawsuit evolves from a dispute between an insurance company and a party who is directly insured by that company. A third-party dispute involves a dispute between an insurance provider and a claimant who does not have a contractual agreement with the insurer.
Insurance Companies Are Armed With Experienced Legal Counsel — You Should Be Too
Insurance providers have assertive and knowledgeable attorneys who routinely advocate to protect their clients’ best interests. This typically includes minimizing the amount that is paid in claims. Claimants need an attorney in their corner who understands how to combat the insurance companies’ strategies in order to collect the full amount the claimants are owed.
Insurance coverage disputes are frequently resolved without the need to litigate. However, in order to maximize the amount you recover through negotiations, you need to be represented by attorneys who are proven capable of going to court to protect your rights. We have handled more than 4,000 cases, many of which have settled for well over $1 million.
If you are wrestling with a denied claim, an undervalued claim or any insurance dispute, contact KCEH Law to schedule a meeting. We will answer your questions, provide a candid assessment of your case and recommend an effective course of action.