Guy O. Kornblum interviewed on KTVU Channel 2 regarding our Bay Bridge Case involving the Pettys.
KCEH CLIENTS INJURED IN BAY BRIDGE MELEE
In November 2015, 34-year-old Kerrie Morgan drove the wrong way on the Bay Bridge in a stolen cab. Under the influence of methamphetamine in a stolen car and an unlicensed driver, Morgan slammed head-on into one vehicle and sideswiped two more. She drove westbound in the eastbound lanes of the Bay Bridge for nearly two miles. As a result, our clients had to be extracted from their vehicle using the Jaws of Life. Angie Petty was critically injured. “She had fractured her skull, fractured both legs, fractured her right arm…She had torn all of the ligaments in her neck. They had to restructure her neck,” Mr. Kornblum told KTVU.
On January 25, 2017, San Francisco’s District Attorney George Gascon announced that Morgan was found guilty on all counts by a jury. Morgan earned three felonies and two misdemeanors in this case:
- Felony: Driving under the influence causing great bodily injury
- Felony: Driving a stolen vehicle
- Felony: Hit and run causing serious or permanent injury
- Misdemeanor: Being under the the influence of a controlled substance
- Misdemeanor: Driving without a license
A date for Morgan’s sentencing has not yet been set.